Saturday, July 12, 2014

Does a Title Even Matter?

Sometimes Life seems so significantly insignificant.
I look out an airplane window.
I stare out over an open lake.
How am I supposed to change anything for goodness's sake?

I find it hard to feel empowered on a road.
Just look at everyone else.
Doing exactly what your'e doing.
Just going somewhere else.
It's impossible to feel big on a skyscraper.
Just look at the name.
SKY-Scraper...

I felt this feeling.
Insignificance.
It was yesterday.

I bought a cake. 
Excruciatingly ordinary.
I gave the cake to someone.
Agonizingly plain.

I made chit with the chat and humored humors.
I kissed the fingers that needed kissing and the cheeks that beckoned for it.
They're my family, for goodness's sake.

Sometimes life seems so magnificently significant, though.
A lover whispers sweet, unforgettable words,
A loving samaritan helps your car-broken down,
A loved one spends 30 minutes of their day praising a small gesture on a social media website,
Whatever it may be, it's alright with me.

Significance is a perspective concept. 
All you need to do,
to change the world for goodness's sake
is buy some cake.

At least, that's what I learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment